Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Close of a Chapter

Today, a retirement party was held at Ewing Manor in honor of Dr. Deborah Gentry, who is retiring from ISU. She's also my mom and Nana to my girls. Here are some photos from the event...
Of course, I have to work in a few photos of my kids. They had fun exploring the grounds and twirling around in their sundresses...

Mom and colleagues...

Mom and Dad...You know what they say, "Behind every good woman is a wonderful man." That's what they say, right? Well, anyway. They lift each other up and neither would be where they are without the other.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Wow! Congratulations to your mom. What a special place Ewing Manor is...I remember attending a beautiful wedding there about 9 years ago! :) Your parents look great!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Dana! Thanks for your comments here on my blog. It was a wonderful night there 9 years ago!

Sarah Gentry said...

Great pictures Sarah! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you all!

Deb and/or Dave Gentry said...

Thank you for being such an attentive photographer for this special occasion. It was so meaningful to have you there. I am glad we share the academic heritage of being ISU alums.