Wednesday, October 22, 2008

You Can't Always Get What You Want

From Psalm 25: "Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Ok, so every time a photographer sets out to do a session, she envisions the beautiful setting, the serene atmosphere, the joy on the subjects' faces, the ethereal light from the radiant sun... What she does NOT plan for are crazy-hungry mosquitos, incessantly biting species of tiny black insects, rising blood pressures as subjects begin to sweat in their tuxedos under a blazing September sun... And when you find yourself in just such a situation, you take a deep breath, try to help everyone relax, and move quickly to get it over with as soon as possible. You just can't always get what you want. (Can you hear the song I am hearing in my head? You get what you need! In this case, just one or two good photos.)

The three children I photographed during this miserable (and somehow hilariously memorable) session (bless their little hearts) did pretty good, given all they were subjected to. Here's how it turned out...












And, now for the gag reel... note mom, swatting the biting bug,...the tears, the frown, and, of course, the kiddo picking his nose.




1 comment:

Dana said...

Ha! I saw no misery in the first photos - they looked great! Then the gag reel... it was pretty cute how you captured it!